June Special: For the month of June, we will be highlighting duck and our commitment to using local products and minimizing waste. Each week will showcase our use of a different part of the duck.
Week 3 (6/18-6/23): Duck Confit Ruen Bing w a jujube puree 🦆🌯 $5
Week 4 (6/25-6/30): Duck Noodle Soup with Smoked Duck Breast 🦆🍜
sat, June 9: Celebrating Duan Wu Festival (sold out)
A five-course meal celebrating the Duan Wu Festival, also known as the Dragon Boat Festival. Our menu includes:
- 生煎包 | sheng jian bao (pan-fried pork soup dumplings, doughier cousins to the better known xiao long bao soup dumplings)
- 新竹米粉 | stir-fried HsinChu rice noodles (famous rice noodles that come from Judy’s parents hometown of HsinChu)
- 粽子 | zong zi (sticky rice dumpling filled with pork, shiitake mushrooms and dried shrimp, wrapped and cooked in bamboo leaves)
- 沙茶海鮮湯 | seafood soup with sha cha sauce
- 鳳梨酥 | pineapple cake, a classic Taiwanese pastry
june 10-12: james beard foundation chefs boot camp for policy & change
"Part of the JBF Impact Programs, the Chefs Boot Camp for Policy and Change provides a unique opportunity for civically and politically minded chefs to become more effective leaders for food-system change. During thematic retreats around the country, participants receive advocacy and media training while learning about important issues, challenges, and opportunities facing the food world. The goal is to build a growing network of like-minded chefs, provide support for personal interests and passions, and give tools and guidance that will help them act as influential advocates."